Here at Ivanhoe Dental Group, in South Holland, IL we encourage all of our patients to floss at least once per day, but did you know there is a large population of Americans who don’t floss at all? Keep reading to learn more flossing facts!
- 51% of American don’t floss every day!
- 10% of Americans never floss at all!
- Not flossing can cause periodontitis
- The first dental floss was silk floss, and was first used in 1815.
- In 1898 that first patent was issued to dental floss.
- 17% of Americans would rather go grocery shopping than floss.